Why does my hand hurt?
Hand pain can result from many different causes and can be debilitating in daily life activities. The good news is that in most instances, the painful symptoms can be successfully treated and relieved during physical therapy for hand pain. Hand pain can develop suddenly or may arise after years of mild, sporadic pain. In cases of hand pain, you may have a hard time making a fist, grabbing or holding on to objects, or even simply rotating your wrist.
Symptoms of foot pain:
- Hand weakness
- Hand tingling
- Numbness of the hand
- Swollen hands
- Pain in the thumb
- Pain in the side of the wrist
- Difficulty gripping/grasping
Possible reasons for foot pain:
- De Quervain’s tendinitis (also known as De Quervain’s tendinosis)
- Rheumatoid arthritis in the hand
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome – Ulnar Nerve Transposition
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Injuries to the extensor or flexor tendon
- Wrist tendonitis
- Wrist sprain
- Fractured bones in the hand
- Fractured bones in the finger(s)
- Cervical radiculopathy
Schedule a hand physical therapy appointment at Sunshine today! Our certified therapists can offer treatment for hand rehabilitation such as hand exercises, grip strength support, soft tissue therapy and more.